Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Cards

I thought I was going to be on time this year with my card. I bought what I needed in order to take the picture, and of course never had time to do it. Now that I HAVE to do it, it is raining outside. So we improvised and tried to set it up inside. I am in the process of downloading 58 pictures to see if there is just ONE of them that I can use. I'm not holding my breath! Trying to get three children to look at the camera and smile is not an easy feat. We resorted to bribing with marshmallows. The girls were easy but Junior was insistent on getting one every single time. Gunner gave Em a handful and she would sit there smiling and reach over and pop one in his mouth.

BTW, I need everyone's addresses, because I of course am not organized enough to have them written down anywhere!

9 comments:

The Teacup Cottage said...

I didn't get to do them this year but I'm totally using the "my husband just deployed" card! Maybe everyone will forgive me!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see one that included you! I have so few pics of you!!!

I just got home from Hawaii and am beat! Will fill you in later! We had a good time though!!

Jess

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Regarding addresses, check with your Mom for family addresses.

Susan said...

With the addition of E3 (same age as Junior), I gave up trying to get 3 kids to all pose for a picture. I've done a collage the last couple years.
I think everyone is running late on cards this year.

Gypsy at heart said...

"Late" is relative....

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Hey Gypsy, your a relative.

By the way art has hit the bay area, we see on her sitch.

The Mrs. said...

Not a darn thing wrong with bribing for a good picture! and I agree with gypsy at heart... late is a relative. just like sanity : )

Anonymous said...

In my family as long as the card is postmarked by the 24th, it isn't late (for Christmas Cards). Generic "Holiday" cards have through the first week of January!

Old Cowboy Dan said...

We received our first Christmas Card the last week of November and mailed out our batch last week. So if you didn't get one, your not on our list.

The cards we have received are now stapled onto ribbons hanging on the wall, sort of traditional here.