Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A day out

I had to get out of the house today.

We hit a few thrift stores and scored some good deals. Junior now has 20 batman action figures to play with. He has a large one that my brother and SIL gave him, which he has made the daddy Batman and all the rest are the kids. It's already provided plenty of entertainment and this is before Gunner gets home and plays with it.

I found a vintage Pizza Inn glass. My family used to visit Pizza Inn and get the paper thin crust each time. Good memories!

Two Apollo 13 glasses that I love!

A dinosaur glass to add to Ab's collection of the Welch's jelly jars with a different dinosaur on each one.

Two wooden puzzles. Junior and Abs are obsessed with the States. Junior can already rattle off a list of them.

And two chicken soup bowls for my mom.

Gunner has a 4 day weekend to receive HHG and unpack. Whew.

One of my best friends is coming to spend the weekend with us and help us unpack. Can't wait to see him!

We are about to hit the pool for the last time during this hotel stay.

I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tomorrow night. Now I just need to find the perfect job!

Mental note for my next PCS--Spring for the Residence Inn Marriott. It will be worth the difference to have a bed bigger than a double and a kitchen.

3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's some great finds! Enjoy your last pool day.

Ellen said...

Ooooh, did you hit the Ark? That's my personal favorite. I'm glad you'll have some help for the unpack!

Old Cowboy Dan said...

I have found that if things are to be found at a lower cost, check with a teacher, they have a nose for such.