Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gunner's Children



I was looking for something in picasa when I came across this messy face. I still love him, even if he sneezed buckets all over me this morning.

I made an appointment to get Sammy fixed. Abs got reading glasses, but it still doesn't correct her vision problem. The eye doctor said it was a severe problem, but that Tricare has only covered one case of VT. We're going to have to make it two cases since I don't have a thousand dollars a month to drop. I will still do it of course if it comes to that. She has a PT eval today, and follow ups next week. She's so cute with her glasses.




Em gets her braces on this Friday. She got spacers on Tuesday, and didn't do so well on that, so I can only imagine what it will be like with braces. This weekend we have a bunch of stuff going on, but more on that after the fact. 



After it snowing all day yesterday, I am looking forward to a little warmth.  Oh, and the pumpkin patch?  Well we went to Walmart afterwards to get non-rotten pumpkins.  They came home with 4.  Then we had the 2 from the pumpkin patch.  Tomorrow there is a community event where they will each get a pumpkin to decorate.  Junior has an event at school and will get another one.  That puts us at 10 pumpkins.  I love roasted pumpkin seeds though and we will save some to plant. 

Gunner and I have a running debate over pumpkin seeds.  I eat them just as they come out of the pumpkin (after being roasted of course).  He says that they are like sunflower seeds and I am supposed to break open the shell and eat what's inside?  Who's right?  He's the same guy who eats the skin of tangerines and kiwi, so what's a little pumpkin shell?

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Allison said...

Abs looks fabulous in her glasses. I hope Em feels that the spacers were worse than the braces. Junior is too cute. And I have no idea about pumpkin seeds but I seem to remember eating the whole shebang. It's very low tech but I bet if the shells go all the way through without being processed (you know what I mean) then you shouldn't be eating them.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Love the glasses! I can't believe you've already got snow multiple times now! It's just rained and rained here.