Friday, October 30, 2009

Last night...

we had spaghetti for dinner.

all the children took a warm bath and got into their warm pajamas.

 I convinced Abs to wear the super cute 50's costume that I found on clearance at an outlet store for the costume parade at school.  This was no easy task since she wanted to be a jogger with a dog--I can appreciate that, but she wanted me to brave the ice for a sweatsuit and she wanted me to send Sammy to school.

we served hot chocolate before bedtime. 

it finally stopped snowing.

Gunner made brownies for Abs to take to school today for her fall festival.

Abs got up sometime in the middle of the night and got into said brownies.  She picked out all of the colored chocolate chips so we have brownies with holes in them aka brownie mush.

the said brownies are no longer able to be sent to school.

the roads got even icier.

Gunner left at 4 this morning to get to work on time because of the icy roads.

the school district decided to delay the start of school by two hours.  Please don't let them cancel school for the third day!

the dishes I didn't want to do multiplied.

I slept like a baby with a sheet, a blanket, a comforter, a quilt, and the window unit on.  I love the noise from it.

This morning.....

I tried to get Abs back to bed.

I cleaned up dog poop because he doesn't like to stay in the snow too long.

I did dishes.

I drank two cups of coffee.

I blogged.

I wondered if I was going to make it till bedtime.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I know what you mean.
I don't know if I'll make it to night either. It's 10:30 and I'm goin.. will today ever end?

The Mrs. said...

you know what my childless brother suggested and was just brilliant... when it gets dark really early like 4:30 in the afternoon to just tell the kids to get in bed. I mean mine cant tell time yet. Really its perfect... except they would wake up at 3 am but still....

just keep telling yourself its bedtime somewhere in the world.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Oh my... that sounded like a long day.

I keep the window unit on fan at night too. It brings in cool air and the noise helps everyone sleep better. And you know how THAT'S a good thing :)

Hope school doesn't continue like this! What do the parents do when they both have to work??

-Andrea