Sunday, November 8, 2009

Denver Zoo

It was free day at the Denver Zoo today, so we figured it was as good a time as any to head on up there and check it out.  Free in Killeen means that at least half of the population turns out.  In Denver, it means that 99% of the population turns out.

Gunner dropped us off at the front and went to find parking.  Of course we had driven an hour, so they were hungry famished.  We snacked while waiting for Gunner to find us.  Abs being Abs, she wanted to see every single animal at the zoo. 



Abs held Junior's hand and read every informational sign to him.  She would try to hoist him up to see.  A far cry from wanting to donate him to Science the night before when he bit her.

Just a random picture on one of the signs.  Abs thinks that he has heard about Obama's health care plan.

We have about 20 pictures of these two on the ape, but they are not looking at us in any of them.  Em was too busy texting.





We saw about 50% of the zoo before the crowds got to be too overwhelming for all of us.

Not before we saw these two recent additions to the zoo:


Good grief!  We saw this sign on the way home:


And what Texan couldn't stop for a small taste of home?


Once again, I was along for the ride, but in none of the shots.

The zoo was nice, but next time I won't be so cheap, and we'll pay for tickets so we don't have to fight the crowds. 

7 comments:

hmb said...

It looks like a lot of fun! I need to experience Denver a little more while I'm in Colorado. I want to go to 'the unsinkable molly brown's house' and the federal reserve, also :)

Dreamer said...

I love that zoo! The elephant habitat was the best one I'd seen, ever.

I just stumbled across your blog, and thought I'd comment. :)

Julie Danielle said...

I just love the zoo. So many cute animals :) Sounds like a fun day!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Daniel and I have talked about visiting that Zoo. My kids LOVE the Zoo and we have visited so many over the years... I think that the Denver Zoo may be one of the better ones. One of these days we will find out! :)

Yay for a taste of home! I love that.

-Andrea

Allison said...

That is so true about free stuff. People lose their minds about free stuff.

Glad you got a taste of home. And now you know the zoo is worth paying some bucks at least.

Allison said...

That is so true about free stuff. People lose their minds about free stuff.

Glad you got a taste of home. And now you know the zoo is worth paying some bucks at least.

Kanani said...

Yeah, I have a feeling that when I am gone, there will be few photos. Just big rumours of my existence, most of which will be of me telling people to get in the shot and smile!