Saturday, January 1, 2011

Guess What!

My husband will be home THIS YEAR!!!

I'm a little over the top excited about it.  A brand new chapter of our lives will begin.

What do I do before then though?

It's a brand new year, and I should be making my brand new goals.  A half ironman?  A marathon?  Six pack abs?

I wish I knew what the future was going to hold when he gets out, so I could plan accordingly.

I'm a planner.  I'm a backup planner.  I make plans like my daughter changes clothes....constantly.

We are currently stuck in the house due to snow and ice.

This is a video from a street not too far from here.  No I didn't make it, but it's crazy!

I chose to stay off the road, because this Texan does not like to drive in this mess.  Unfortunately with a high of only 14 today, I am going to have to venture out to get some more medicine for Abs.

It's been negative temps every night during dog walking duty, but I continue to take the dog out.  Apparently in this neck of post, I am the only one who does it.  Poor little pups!

Happy New Year! 2011 has to be better than 2010!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so excited for you that your husband comes home this year! I remember that euphoric feeling!

Amie said...

YAY! So excited for you that your husband comes home this year! I'm with you on the unknown for when hubby retires, thankfully we have more than a handful of years left before this happens.

d.a.r. said...

Yeahhhhh!! Yay for 2011!