Monday, July 14, 2014

I've been hacked

and it really sucks.

I'll tell you about my trip later, because it was AMAZING, scary, and full of new experiences, but in Poland, my email account was hacked, and my facebook.  Sigh.  It's been miserable.  Add on to that, that I reset my password in a foreign country, when I was tired, stressed out, and upset, and that equals a password that I don't know.  Well an unknown password basically means you can't access anything.  Sigh.

What led up to all of this?  Gunner and I just returned from  whirlwind vacation in Europe.

Two years ago, my mom took Em to a program in Spain, where she taught English to Spaniards (teens), for a week.  Em thought it was an amazing program, and never stopped talking about it.  They began a program in Germany, and so I signed up and was accepted last year.  Unfortunately, I was unable to attend, but I was determined that in 2014 I was going to be there, so I reinitiated my application and was accepted.

The premise of the program is that you buy your ticket to Europe, and they put you up in a nice hotel, provide three meals a day, and you teach people to speak English.  Easy enough, right?  It was an amazing opportunity.  Absolutely amazing.  I learned so much, met amazing people, and honestly feel like I helped people wanting to excel in their lives and occupations.  Most of all, I feel like the people I met in this program made my life better, enriched it, and opened my eyes to so much more of Europe than I could have ever imagined.

Over the next few days, I want to blog.....I've missed it.


2 comments:

Allison said...

I'm glad your trip was amazing... but not the rest of it. If it helps, when I got that email from you, I knew instantly you'd been hacked.

My first thought was you are the most capable person I know of taking care of yourself in a foreign country.

Unknown said...

Maybe the experience makes it memorable, though it sucks but you know sometimes we need to darkness to feel the lights and appreciate it even more. But I'm still glad that in spite of it you had a great trip. That so good to know.

military spouse benefits