Sunday, June 3, 2007

Back Home

We left Saturday morning and picked up my mom and then headed to Houston. My brother and his wife live there and we were spending the night before we dropped DQ off at camp this afternoon. Junior is thankfully a pretty good traveler so we don't have to stop excessively. We did go by our old house in Houston (which we had demolished for my parent's anniversary--how sweet, I know, but it needed to be done. We walked around the property and checked out the area to see how much it had grown.

We got to my brother's house pretty early in the afternoon and hung out while my SIL made a great dinner. The girls enjoyed being with their aunt and uncle and Junior LOVED their dogs and cats. He chased them around the house and was worn out by the end of the day.

Today we had breakfast and then the girls went to the park with their aunt and uncle while I napped and my mom watched Junior. I was exhausted and needed the rest to do all the driving today.

This afternoon after lunch we drove DQ down to Girl Scout Camp in Seabrook. This is the same sailing camp that I went to while I was growing up. I wish I could have stayed!!! It looks like she will have a great time and hopefully learn a lot. She wasn't old enough to be in a sailing session, but at least she will be able to see the older girls out there sailing and want to do it herself. I love to sail and now want to buy a boat. Well I have always wanted one, but now I am determined to make that happen sooner, even if it is a little Sunfish! Surely those can't cost that much in this day and age! Good thing DH likes to sail too. A sunfish isn't big enough for the whole family, but a nice small one to get the girls used to the idea. I better get them to the pool and start on those swimming lessons, yet again. Maybe this year they will finally master it!

Abs starts theatre camp tomorrow. Wonder if they will be able to get her off the stage?

I miss DQ already but she is probably so busy she won't have time to worry about us. My babies are growing up....

It's about to storm but at least we have light this time. Night.

No comments: