Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's All About Me.....and Tag, You're It!

TripleE over at Oh! That's Going to Leave a Mark tagged me. I am supposed to reveal 7 things that most people don't know about me. I'll keep it clean since my mom reads this too, and I am betting my family will probably know most of these...

1. I was born in Sydney, Australia, and thankfully was NOT named Killara, the suburb that we lived in, like my mom wanted to. Thanks Dad! (My brother was disappointed I wasn't a boy named after him and my sister thought "Plantaxley" would have been a better choice. While my name is unusual, I gave my children three very normal names.)

2. I sailed from Florida to the Bahamas with a group (Sea Explorers) when I was 16. I don't know what my parents were thinking letting me go!

3. I love to run on the treadmill at the gym, but I have to count when I do it. Hmmm..maybe I am a little OCD.

4. I am terrified of roaches. I can handle spiders and stuff, but roaches....my skin crawls thinking about them.

5. I love to go to the dentist.

6. I have never been in a tanning booth.

7. I love fried gizzards with sour cream and now the girls eat them too. I also like okra and artichokes, but the taste of celery makes me sick.

I had a hard time with these as I am a pretty open book. My husband thinks it is weird that I make lists, that I use those dry erase boards to make more lists. He's just not use to trying to organize and coordinate for three children on his own.

I tag....

Gypsy
A Cup of tea with friends
Michelle

And anyone else who wants to do it!

6 comments:

Old Cowboy Dan said...

If that had been an email sent out to the family, I can only imagine what the others would have said. Maybe they'll comment here.

Susan said...

I'm with you on #5 +6...but gizzards?

Gypsy at heart said...

Our family is all about FOOD.....

Old Cowboy Dan said...

The Gypsy is correct. Her GGM also ate gizzards, chicken feet and the last thing part of the bird going over the fence, but then she grew up during the depression.

Heidi said...

Wow, 16 without parents sailing the open seas! So when are you going to let your girls do that?

I LOVE your name!

I love the dentist too especially that gritty toothpaste they smear on your teeth with that zzzzzz brush.

Gypsy at heart said...

If there had been nonsense like happened in Aruba, you had better believe her parents would have said "NO!" Scouts had so many safety requirements that it was a very sound journey.
Besides, we figured she would be off to college asnd this was a test run.
We did give it a LOT of thought.