Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I cooked ham, black eyed peas and collards today. My sister brought her baked mac & cheese, my mom brought cornbread and the inlaws showed up with wine, german potato salad and german cookies. I'm bound to have good luck this year!

We still had Christmas presents to open, so we got that out of the way before we celebrated the new year. It doesn't take much to make my kids happy!

If you checkout my mom's blog you will see a pic of Gunner's brother and niece who just returned home from Iraq. Very touching photos.

After two weeks off I am back to work tomorrow. My boss is such a slaver driver! (See you tomorrow mom! tap tap tap)

We had a new year's eve dinner last night with the inlaws and feasted on german food.

School starts in 13 days, so I guess I better get busy and start reading all the stuff that I need to get done. I wanted to put Junior in daycare on Thursday but because he turned 18 months on the 26th of December and I haven't gotten him his shots, they won't take him. They didn't even have any appointments till the 10th of January. I have a meeting on Monday, so my MIL is coming to save the day. Since Gunner will be in the field soon, my mom and MIL have to help with the babysitting of all these children on the nights/Saturdays that I have school. I do realize how fortunate I am to have the help and assistance of both of them. Thank goodness this session is just 6 weeks or so.

Gunner got me an ipod for our anniversary and I have been downloading podcasts like crazy so I can listen to them when I hit the gym. Thursday I will start going again....my mom and I had good intentions over Christmas at the hotel gym, but instead we dragged our workout gear up there and it took up space in the luggage for nothing. Next time for sure!!!

I've already started shopping for Christmas next year.

Abs has a birthday in March and I think I have most of what I want to give her ready. I am searching for a dinosaur alarm clock that roars though, that is shaped like a dinosaur. I am starting to think that they don't make them. I thought I saw one before.....

May your 2008 be bright, happy, hopeful and prosperous in every way imagineable. Remember the Soldiers/Airmen/Marines/Sailors deployed throughout the world at the time. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

1 comment:

Old Cowboy Dan said...

We got next years Christmas Cards on the 26th and your Aunt will have them addressed by July with the newsletter to follow in late November. Getting presents for younger kids early is OK but for teenagers, it is a problem as their electronic desires change as fast as computers are updated.