Sunday, March 9, 2008

Counting Time

Obviously in order to practice good OPSEC I can't give more details, but we are down to counting time. Very little time. Not enough time. You get the picture.

We've been bums all weekend and enjoying all of Gunner's favorite foods. I don't think one of the foods is on WW, but I will be back on the program once he is gone. I couldn't deny him all the things that he will miss. Tonight we will have German food. Yum. Crepes for dessert.

I ordered the girls dog tags with a picture of them and their father. Once he deploys, the girls will be able to post a picture of their dad on the 'Wall of Heroes" up at school. A high school collected and donated teddy bears for each of the children at the girls' elem. school to have a bear once their father deploys.

Gunner HAS to pack tonight. He can't put it off any longer.

9 comments:

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Our thoughts and prayers will be with him. (Packages to follow)

Butterfly Wife said...

Big hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

For some reason I thought that his fascination with organizing the paperwork meant he already had a lot of the packing done. Clearly I was wrong :)

wendy said...

I'm sorry! This is so tough! Thinking of you and your family. (and I may have to see if I can find some of those dogtags for my kids...)

Susan said...

My girls love the their dog tags too. Seems like I just ordered them, but it was a year ago.
I'm praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hugs and kisses to him!

The Mrs. said...

you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Chins up... youll get thru this! : )

rose_michelle said...

I'm here if you need to vent/cry/laugh/talk. I can imagine how close you are and the panic/sadness in your heart. Make sure the kids get extra hugs and I'll send you the info on the deployment books (or have I already?) so maybe the kids can have a fun project while he is gone.

Sarah said...

You and Erin will have to keep each other company knitting together!!