Monday, September 22, 2008

Things I have heard

I was out of Junior's toothpaste the other day and asked Abs where hers was so he could use it. Her response was said nonchalantly "Oh, I haven't had any in a long time." Ewwww.....

I broke down and had the maid come. I love it. So nice and clean.

I asked Em to lay out her clothes for tomorrow and she drug out something she wore a few days ago. I told her to find something clean. Apparently I am the only mother out that that requires her children to wear clean clothes to school. Imagine that.

I was washing the dinner dishes and I looked up to find Junior eating olives off the floor. I called for him, and Abs said "at least the floor is clean this time."

I wonder what they will remember about me when I am gone.

12 comments:

Old Cowboy Dan said...

I think it will be what you remember of their antics and embarrass them in front of their friends when they are older, I know I have.

Gypsy at heart said...

LOL.....You are so lucky to have Abs to keep you grounded.

Old Cowboy Dan said...

I think I have seen a report on Mythbuster's, (Discovery Channel), and on the Food Channel about food that is dropped on the floor or other nasty areas and what sort of germs the food picks up. It seems that there is no real worry, after all if you keep all exposures from your kids, it will impact them later.

kbug said...

Children are priceless...and so are the words that come out of their mouths..... :)

Trudy said...

They'll say "Remember when Mom let Junion eat the olives off the floor, it was so much fun!!!"

Susan said...

you mean there not suppose to eat olives off of the floor? ;)

JBBGirl said...

I woke up this morning with toothpaste all over the counter. My kids are still at the age where they like to play in it! ICK! LOL!

Ellen said...

They will remember what an awesome mom you are, and someday when they have children of their own they will shake their heads in wonder of how you managed to juggle it all during repeated deployments!

And yeah for the maid!! You so deserve it.

Anonymous said...

We must have the same kids.

Melissa said...

Hello,

I've been reading your blog for a while now and LOVE it. I just started a blog so I thought it would be fair to share it with you! ^o^

The Teacup Cottage said...

AWESOME!!! Some of the things you write are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

yeah you got abs pretty great