Monday, August 24, 2009

First Days

The girls started school last week, but all seems to be going well. Not really sure what is going on in Ab's classroom of the masses, but I'll stop in this week hopefully to check it out. I have to go to a volunteer class tomorrow anyway, so it might be the perfect time.

Junior started daycare today. The whole center here is wonderful. It's so calm, the front desk people are happy to be there, and the teachers were wonderful. Junior had a great day! They said he peed a lot, ate a lot, and jumped right into the thick of it like he had been there all along. Whew. It's a peanut and egg free zone, so he should be safe, and he has his epi pen there just in case. Let's hope it's not needed. I'd much rather replace it because it is expired.

I hit the fitness center here, and I am dropping my membership to Gold's. It was up on the 31st of this month, but the equipment and everything is pretty much the same. I do need to hunt down the sauna! We used the pool there yesterday, before I took a bike ride. Today it was running and weights. And there won't be any excuses since it is about 2 minutes from my house. I'll have that water bottle in no time!

My classes started to day. To say I am overwhelmed, is an understatement. I didn't have my books, so I have those on order. It will put me a few days behind, but there is plenty to keep me busy. I think that these classes will transfer back to the program I was in, in TX, at least some of them. I need to go pick up an APA manual this week too or get one on order. I should have checked the bookstore while I was there, but I forgot. APA makes me want to scream sometimes!!! My professors are great though, and I know I will learn a lot this semester. I definitely won't have any free time!

I have a ton of stuff to get framed, and I am thinking about taking the framing class here. It has to be cheaper than the coupons at Michael's. Gunner stumbled on a bunch of old WWII prints that he wants to get framed as well while we were at the Arc one day. I think I will institute a new rule that every time I go I need to take in two bags worth of crap. That should be easy once I finally sort through all my clothes that don't fit, and goodness knows I need to purge Gunner's clothes because he will continue wearing every ratty tshirt that he can get his hands on. Sound familiar Tia?

The hungry lions are roaring for dinner...

3 comments:

Allison said...

I'd recommend trying a used bookstore for an APA. So many high schools require it now that they usually have a surplus of them. I'm glad all the schools are going so well. And that you're liking it back up there.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Thats great that things seem to be going well. I'm sure you'll get your books in no time. If you don't care I'm probably going to email you and ask you a ton of questions on fort hood because we just found out that's where we're headed next

Erin said...

I think i have an APA manual. If I can find it today, I'll let you know!