Thursday, August 13, 2009

Outrageous

I went and had a meeting at Ab's school today with the TAG teacher. Abs had an amazing teacher for first and second grade, absolutely amazing. She was in a TAG class of 10 kids and she excelled.

Fast forward to Colorado Springs, where there will be 28 kids in her class. The class is tiny. The teacher seemed nice enough, but I was in shock over 28 kids. How in the world can you differentiate with 28 kids? What happens to those kids who find everything easy? What about those that find everything hard? I had 22 students, but much more would have made it extremely difficult to meet the needs of all of my students.

I talked to the principal and was less than impressed. He told me that Colorado schools ranked higher than Texas. Ummm.....based on his poor grammar, I find that hard to believe, but then I went to Texas schools, so what do I know?

I will give it a few weeks and go from there. No ideas on what to do.

Junior cracked his head open this morning. He was running and tripped and caught his forehead on the corner of the schrank. It swelled up, but didn't bleed much. I emailed a pic to my mom who said he would be okay, but I drove to Carson to let Gunner take a look. He said that he didn't need stitches (not sure I agree with that) and he came home to keep him while I went to my meeting at Ab's school. So far, so good. He'll have a nice scar from this I am sure. Gunner keeps telling me that scars on boys are cool. Maybe on other boys, but not mine!


And the potty training front....not much better today. He peed all over his carseat and then came home and I asked him to undress so I could change him. Instead he went over and peed on the floor and wall. Maybe diapers till he is 10 isn't such a bad idea?

6 comments:

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Maybe peer pressure at daycare will help with his potty usage.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Whoa! I'd for sure get that scar cream they advertise on tv alot. Hope the little guy feels alright.

hmb said...

that is one heck of a goose egg, girlfriend!

The Mrs. said...

Tell junior that -1 said Chicks dig scars.

-2 is not taking to potty training well, perhaps we could just move the two of them to a desert island and they could train each other?

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

The only thing Colorado is higher than Texas in is altitude. Amen?

ABW said...

Amen Casey!!!

I've found nothing to substantiate his claim. Maybe he is a little lightheaded from the altitude?