10. Black Silks--perfect for keeping me warm when I go skiing next week.
9. Army slang--hooah, roger, over, out, at ease--the list is endless, and I love them all, especially when coming out of the mouth of my handsome Soldier.
8. DFAC--where else can you eat so inexpensively? I remember when we got to Germany and got stuck at 21st replacement, I couldn't wait to go there three times a day. My husband thinks I am insane.
7. Tricare--While there are a lot of unfortunate stories out there, and they didn't cover Ab's visual therapy, they have covered everything else that we have tried, and without question. After three kids, I had nothing but great medical treatment, and only one cost me $20, the other two were free!
6. PT & cadence--If you don't like the sight of men running in formation and singing cadence or marching and calling cadence, then there must be something wrong with you. Ummm....I had to ask Gunner which one was which.
5. I'm sure there's a technical name for this shirt, but Gunner and his buddies call it the "spidey shirt".
4. Reunions--Deployments aren't ideal, and after 4 years of them, I can assure you, that a reunion is better than anything else. :)
2. Brown towels--You don't like them? They are the perfect size for my hair! I love that they aren't so heavy, so I don't feel like my neck is breaking under the weight of the towel and my soaking wet curly hair. They dry quickly, so are great for the pool, and they fit Junior perfectly after his bath, but don't soak up all the water off of him, which is not good for his eczema. (You want to lube him up when he is wet, to lock in the moisture) I heart brown Army towels.
1. The OLD Army PT shirts--I love, love, love them. They are soft, warm, comfortable, and remind me of a time when Gunner wasn't deployed all the time. I wear them to workout in, sleep in, hang out in. Forget what Oprah says, these ARE the perfect tee.
Of course there are always the ideals that Gunner holds true such as pride, patriotism, honesty, integrity, brotherhood, etc., but most of all I love that he has dedicated his life to not only his family, but to ideas that most people can't even fathom.
But I really love those brown towels.
Tween/Teen Fairy Light Photo Wall
8 hours ago