Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter Morning!

Abs managed to hold off till everyone was up to break into the baskets this morning.  We tend to steer clear of a lot of candy, and Em got a basketball with sports stuff, Abs got some outdoor items, and Junior got a book, puzzle, and stuffed animal that coordinated.  (It's the teacher in me I guess!)

We had an egg hunt outdoors, and they were running like the wind!  (Junior needs a haircut, and had severe bed head)



Abs saw this picture and wondered what was up with her hair.  She was flying around the house.
Counting all the eggs to make sure one wasn't missed.  I'm a firm believer in hiding the eggs the day of and using plastic ones.


Gunner and I took off on the bikes to check out the route for the triathlon that we are doing.  Let's just say that the "hill" is ENORMOUS and TOUGH.  On the bright side we both made it up, so we just need to increase our speed.  Not sure how he is doing that from LA, but it'll be okay, he assures me.  I'll be hitting that "hill" every day in the hopes that I can increase my speed.

On another note, it's been 4 years, and I'm thinking of my dad today.  I miss him every day.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like they had a great time with the egg hunt. I'm sorry about your dad.

Wiley said...

Sorry about your dad.I know there's nothing I can say to make that hurt any less. It sucks to be without those we love so much. My dad's 65th birthday would be in a week...but..
We've been without him for 4 years now too and it still breaks my heart. He was the greatest man I know and it's simply not fair that he didn't have a chance to help more people.


Getting older sucks sometimes.