Sunday, March 20, 2011

Homecoming Nesting?

I've been sorting, cleaning, and tossing.  Trying to get done everything I said I was going to do during the deployment, that didn't get done.  (All of the sudden this deployment seems to have flown by, well sort of.....)

No, I am not tackling the garage anymore!  (It's full of the wet furniture that I had to hang on for the insurance company, and now it's too heavy for me to drag to the curb, so it will lie in wait for Gunner to come home)

My friend told me the other day that I must be "homecoming nesting", and I think that pretty much describes it.

I'm looking for a maid to come right before Gunner returns to do a deep cleaning, and before that, I need to make sure I get all the boxes unpacked from the flood, and put everything where it needs to go, or get rid of it.

I have a friend that makes lists of everything to clean, by room, before her husband comes home.  I'm not that organized!

So, are you a homecoming nester, OCD about making the place clean before he comes home, or do you just go with the flow and hope he doesn't notice the piles hidden in the closet?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm definitely a homecoming nester! I have been writing down all of the things I want to do before he comes home. I've been changing pictures in picture frames and scheduling pedicure appointments. I guess it will help this next month go by faster...hopefully!

McMGrad89 said...

I do the dishes and thats it

Blogging at Tiffany's said...

I am a FREAK when it comes to cleaning for the homecoming. When he came home from his first deployment, I completely forgot that the sheets were in the dryer and I was SO embarrassed that I forgot to put them on the bed! I wanted everything to be perfect (and it was aside from that small detail) but it felt like a complete FAIL. Haha. I'm not so much worried about it now, but I am like your friend and I do make a list of things to clean and get done.

Jessica said...

I am definetly a homecoming nester

Anonymous said...

i hire someone to come in a couple days before he gets home.

I'm not doing all that, I'd rather pay someone. I'm terrible, lol.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's great that it's getting so close that you're nesting about him coming home!