Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Kindergarten Graduation

Will not be happening at my daughter's school. The parents are pretty disappointed, but I guess it is not the Montessori way to have an event like this. I have the cap and gown from DQ's graduation, so I think I will dress her up in that and do something special to acknowledge the first of many graduations to come.

Today Abs had field day and the kids really had a good time. They had a sack race, three legged race, tug of war, water balloon toss and an obstacle course. Junior was a good sport and played with rocks during each event so I was able to get some great shots of the kids. It's hard to believe that Abs is old enough to be headed off to first grade next year. While her reading is well above grade level, her handwriting leaves a lot to be desired so we will be working on that over the summer. Any ideas on how to do that? I'm still working with the physical therapist to find Abbie a slot to start her therapy and work on her gross motor skills. Apparently that should help with her handwriting since they need to master the gross motor skills before they develop the fine motor skills. She'll get the hang of it, I just don't want to drop the ball.

My FIL called today to tell me that Junior got my MIL sick. Junior did run a fever for a while, but the rest of us never caught anything. I doubt it is something she caught over here and I hope that she didn't give it to Junior while she watched him yesterday. Of course since DH leaves for the field on Tuesday, that would be par for the course for us to wind up sick. (knock on wood)

1 comment: