Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Soccer and Pound Cake

I missed the sign up for soccer, but they called today and they have room for both girls. I have to run over there and pay after my MOPS meeting, and then they will be assigned to a team. I am hoping that this will be a positive experience for them. Abbie just needs to run off some energy and Emily needs to get out and meet people and not be so shy. My children are total opposites.

They will have to be on different teams, so I just hope that the practices and games and all that workout since DH is going to gunnery soon. The Army never times things for when it works well for me.

On a side note, I wanted to take pound cake today for my meeting so I asked DH to pickup some when he went to HEB last night. He called and went over the flavors for me and I asked him to get three since I thought that would feed the hungry crowd of moms. He came home with HUGE bags! I couldn't figure out what extra stuff he got so I took a peek and he bought 4 HUGE creme cakes, not pound cakes. So now one cake will feed the masses and we have three to eat for ourselves. I better make room in the freezer so that I can still fit into my clothes before Hawaii.

2 comments:

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Sounds like DH's eyes are bigger than his stomach. Have fun stuffing lots of cake into your freezer.

The Teacup Cottage said...

Mmmm ... I love pound cake! Especially in winter with some hot choc. with whipped cream, but then again if you see today's post, you'll understand why for the next two winters I'll have to settle for coffee.

Soccer here is a big thing, the kids love it but it was almost canceled because the some of the coach had military obligations this season. Thankfully some other Soldiers stepped up!