Saturday, October 6, 2007

Expos, Birthdays and Emails

We took the kids to the Kids Expo in Belton today. It wasn't too crowded when we first got there and the kids had a great time. They got to rock climbing, jump in the bounce houses, get lots of free stuff and watch some shows. We left before a lot of the more exciting things were on the stage, but we had places to go. I love to go to little things like this with DH when he is home. He misses out on so many things in their life.

Went to my mom's house and then my SIL and brother showed up. They are running an Ironman Triathalon tomorrow. Wish I could do something like that. Maybe for my 40th birthday? I'm still nursing a sore foot. Maybe the beer tonight will help?

We celebrated Em's 10th birthday tonight with my mom and sister and her boys. Em had a lot of fun and loved her gifts. Her new furniture gets delivered on Tuesday. I can't believe I have been a mom for 10 years. I can't imagine when I am old and gray and will have been a mom for 60 years! Em is mastering the being a teenager early and it is driving me nuts.

I came home and the electricity had gone off so somehow all my emails had disappeared. I needed recommendations for my new plan, and I lost all the information I had collected so far. Frustrating. Tomorrow is a new day, I will eventually get it all back together.

It is almost 10 pm and Abs is still up and singing in her bed. I wish I could function on such a little amount of sleep....