Friday, February 8, 2008

No Bodystep

I was pumped and ready to hit the gym this morning for Body Step. I misread the calendar and it is tomorrow while I am in class. So I ran.

I am sure that me running is not a pretty sight, so I hang out in the cinema where it is dark and no one can see me. The only drawback is that I can't watch the news. I actually started running years ago after Abbie was born because of the news. I was trying to lose the weight from being pregnant and I would hit the gym after the kids were in bed. I started walking and watching the news. But I kept getting mad at the tv. I didn't feel like making a scene and yelling about how idiotic people were, so I just kept increasing my speed....and increasing....and increasing. I am still not a very fast runner, but I do love the way I feel after I am done.

I thought about the whole political system and how everything works. There is no doubt I will support the Republican nomination. I remember when I was in junior high and high school there was a girl named Amy Anderson and she was going to run for President in 2008. She'd probably be too liberal for my tastes as well.

Junior has discovered Little People so I am able to sneak a shower in now while he is awake. Thankfully with my curly hair I don't have to worry about styling....

3 comments:

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Those of us endowed with curly locks can just shake our heads and everything falls into place.

Old Cowboy Dan said...

You know that yelling at the idiots on TV is in our genes.

jellissc said...

OH ABW, please tell me you really dont dont hide and run in the dark! There are so many reasons to run- not one of them being we look pretty doing it! I run because it makes me feel strong to rack up mileage in pursuit of a goal, helps keep me sane and gives me time to really think. One of the things I was thinking about yesterday as I ran through the woods was all the wonderful hours I spent next to you on a stair master in college. I wondered if thats why my knees hurt! ;) Seriously though,haul yourself out of the dark, embrace your strength and position yourself right in front of the news, get angry and run your heart out. Personally, I always choose a treadmill up front but for a different reason: I cant see anyone else from there. Not too long ago I got distracted by what someone else was doing in the gym and fell down and the was spun right off my treadmill. Talk about NOT looking pretty while running!