Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Home from the trainer

I met my trainer at the track today. I need to get off the treadmill and hit the road. I worked on my technique, which she said was good, but I was a little off on where I strike when I land. I changed it slightly and can feel it in my legs. Let's hope that the rest of my runs help it get strong and fast.

We talked tri.

She assured me I would not come in last. I know I won't come in first (yet) but I also know that my strongest will be the swim, and that's where I think a lot of people are weak. At least I am hoping that they are! I'm no runner like my friend Catherine or bloggers DAR or JLC, but I'm working on it! I'll be searching the internet for more running information.

I have training tomorrow too.

I am supposed to swim tomorrow too after school. Today Em and I stayed after school and I cranked out grades and reading stuff, and organized some files. I need another 57 hours in each day so I can catch up.

We have a ball coming up. I am still thinking about going. I'll have to find a dress and make sure I don't have training that night. I'll have to get the fro tamed too. I'm thinking about getting a haircut (I probably get one once a year) and getting it straightened--just until I wash it.

Junior has learned his basic shapes. He knew them before when he saw them, but now he applies that to everything he sees--his feet are rectangles, his belly button is a circle....the list goes on. It's amazing how much his speech has developed since he got tubes in his ears.

I do have training on the night of the ball, which is still on a Wednesday I might add. Who the heck planned that? So much of what the army does, makes no sense to me. After this long, it shouldn't surprise me anymore.

Two more days left this week!!!

3 comments:

The Shabby Posy {formerly Bows 2 Match} said...

I hate to admit that I'm a blog stalker.... but think I am! haha Honestly your blog gives such a realistic veiw of army life. My husband just joined the army... at 28. I read that you were once at Ft Lewis and wondered if you had any advise on good areas to live in (ofcourse on post housing has quite a wait list) Just thought I'd let you know how much I love your blog,
Thanks Courtney

Allison said...

You will probably come in closer to first than last in the marathon. I'll see if there is some way for me to metally give you one hour out of my day. You can have the hour when I can't get back to sleep because I keep having to go the the bathroom in the middle of the night. Now you just need 56 more people to donate an hour a day!

Sarah said...

Hi my name is Sarah. I was laughing at the prior post from Courtney because I guess I am a blog stalker too. :) Not scary in any way though. When my husband decided to join the army I started looking for real life experiences on the web. I found this site and I check it regularly. We get to our first post (Fort Bragg) in October. Excited but scared. :) If you have ever been there I would be curious to know, on post or off? The wait is not too bad right now but that could change by October so I guess we shall see.

Love reading your blog,

Sarah.