Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wet Weekend

At the 5K this morning it started to sprinkle those HUGE Texas drops. By the time I was finished and strategically posted by a tall truck, the rain came down. Gunner had the keys, so I just attempted to stay dry, and would run into the rain to cheer on my friends! It was a lot of fun and while the pain in my legs was still there, I worked on my form and got one of my best times! By the end, Gunner and I were both waterlogged and freezing. Totally worth it though!

I timed myself for the swim portion of the triathlon last Thursday. I didn't push off the walls (I flipped out just far enough to touch the wall with my toes), didn't go but probably at 50%, and was not out of breath when I finished. I felt great, and my time was great too, but the swim is the least of my worries.

School is busy, busy, busy.

Life is busy, busy, busy.

Kids are doing great and keeping us on our toes. We've had field days, career days, math & science days.

Abs is supposed to be a pig in the costume. I asked her why she couldn't be a cow since we have a cow costume. Her response was that "I didn't feel the cow when I read the script, I felt the pig."

....my sweet baby girl Abs just came out....naked. She painted her body orange with a stamp pad. Her.entire.body. I think the stamp pad was a gift from her Aunt in St. Louis. The pottery wheel is still a big hit, but they have yet to produce anything. At this point, the Sea Monkeys will die before they make their first $5 on anything.

It's going to be a long day I think.

4 comments:

Allison said...

I like how in Texas the difference between sprinkling and raining is that when it's raining driving is a hazardous occupation. "Sprinkling" always seems to mean there's some sunlight somewhere. It's nothing to do with how hard the water is coming down. Gotta love it.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Shouldn't school be done soon.....at least you'll have more time to devote to training and your big move!

Me said...

I remember southwestern rain. Insanely thick drops that come after you. LOL.
And my goodness with all the orange stamps!

Anonymous said...

The ink pad was a gift from me, but I didn't put it in her room!