Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Still training...

I did my first tempo run on Monday with my trainer. It felt food, and I feel like I am getting faster. I still need to fit more runs in, especially since I can't run on the treadmill anymore. I don't know if I am just not feeling it or what, but I am starting to prefer the outdoors, just in time for a Texas summer!

Tonight I had training again, this time in the pool. I was worried because I told her that I was strongest in swimming, and I started to think that maybe I wasn't as strong as I thought I was. I warmed up, and she said that the only thing I really needed to work on was taking less strokes, covering the same distance in the same time. We worked on sighting, which was a pain. She did tell me that I needed to start my wave at the front and choose between the inside or the outside. It made me feel good that she thought I was an extremely strong swimmer. Maybe that will make up time in other legs!

Even though school is winding up, I am taking tomorrow off. I need a break after the last three weeks of non-stop teaching, paperwork, parenting, working out, training, and knowing what is to come, I need a day to regroup. Abs has a doctor's appointment in Temple, so I'll take her to that and then try to get in a run with Gunner and Junior.

Tonight, Junior was in his pajamas and came to me and asked me to dance with him. I looked up and he had pulled a purple tutu complete with flower petals in the
middle, up to his chest. He twirled around and then we played ring-around-the-rosey. Poor Junior. I think Gunner is about to lock up anything pink or purple. I guess I need to find some boy dress up clothes for the kiddo!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Cuuuute picture!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw! Your poor husband he's probably out buying "action figures" right now!