Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's like Texas threw up in the local HEB

Tonight I went to the local grocery store--HEB.  Only found in Texas and northern Mexico.

I was with my mom, and as soon as we walked to the front of the store, the inundation of Texas items started.

A Texas planter.  Don't worry if this isn't your style, you can choose from this:
or this
You wouldn't want to put just any old plants in there would you?  Make sure to buy ones with only Texas shaped tags.
But wouldn't it be better to put in a plant that was grown and built for the Texas weather?
All this talk of plants makes me think of picnics.  We'll need our Texas chair.
Don't forget our cooler.
(The beer is an added bonus)  If those don't work for you, take your pick from water bottles, soft sided coolers, ice buckets, lunch boxes,2 liter water bottles, and more.
What would a picnic be without a pitcher for margaritas?
Plus some plates, etc.
But all good Texans eat Texas shaped chips.....
and salsa.
Don't worry, if that isn't Texan enough for you, maybe the Texas-Texas will be?
If you're not much of a drinker you can have Texas water.
Or eat some brisket with a little spicy rub.
Followed up by some Texas ice cream?

But everyone knows that real Texans eat Blue Bell.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I'm not from Texas but have lived here (Ft. Hood) for 7 years. I'm finally at the point where I feel like it's 'home'. We won't be staying here but Texas has grown on me.

I've probably been brainwashed by all the Texas stuff around!

Those boot and giant cup/saucer planters can be found at Wal-Mart, too. ;)

Veronika said...

I'm a born & raised Texan (Yup I'm actually admitting that to y'all!)
& this post made me crack up!
We can't explain our pride, it's a 'texan thing' ;)

Jeannette said...

DH says "Damn skippy" to your blue bell comment. I say "Heck yeah!" Both born and bred Texans. lol HEB is a bit overwhelming for me sometimes though.

Gypsy at heart said...

Texas pride is alive and well, I just didn't realize we had incorporated it into every fiber of our existence here. It is one of those things that when you live with it every day, you don't really notice it anymore.
http://wanderingwonderinggypsy.blogspot.com/

Allison said...

Hey! Where is the Texas bbq sauce and texas shaped pies? It never fails to crack me up. Gotta love the pride. If only we had so much patriotism for the USA.

Jessa said...

My husband keeps saying everything is bigger in TX. I guess even the supplies of TX shaped/painted/made is just as large as the state itself.

Heidi said...

LOL . . . you are so funny!

Unknown said...

I feel ya! I was there for 6 weeks and it never ceased to amaze me the stuff that was branded with Texas.

Unknown said...

This is so funny:)

I'm new to your blog and love finding other military wives! I look forward to reading more!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! I love HEB! I haven't been to once since being in Texas a few months ago but they're awesome!