Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

‎"On the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. As a nation, let it be our pledge that when they return home, we leave no veteran behind. " ~Dan Lipinski




Thank you to Gunner, my uncle, my FIL, my three brother-in-laws (Gunner is one of 4 boys, can you imagine?), my niece, and all of our friends.

Veteran's Day is also special to Gunner and I, because 17 years ago today, November 11th, we met.  He had a 4 day weekend, and I was introduced to him.  His big brown eyes, his scruffy face (hey, it was a 4 day weekend), and cute smile got me.  Never in a million years did I imagine my life would end up like this, by a chance meeting so many years ago.

Happy Veteran's Day!

3 comments:

"Gypsy at Heart" said...

And a host of others on the other side of the family!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your family's service, Happy Veteran's Day :)

DailyExplorer said...

Great quote. Thank you for your sacrifices!