Monday, March 19, 2007

Living on Post

There are so many things that I like about living on post, but there are tons of things that I cannot stand! I know beggars can't be choosers, but can't some people have common sense??? Today my neighbor came over to tell me that her son was bitten by a pit bull that got loose. Apparently the family has 6 dogs which are rottweilers and pittbulls. Paramedics were called and the little boy is okay, but why didn't anyone catch all these dogs in the backyard?? Aren't they supposed to be registered? I get a citation saying that we need to remove our third vehicle because it is inoperative and these people don't even get noticed??? (BTW, the third vehicle is operable and just isn't driven since we have two other ones that work just as well. I did end up giving the vehicle away to someone that could use it though so I wouldn't have to be bothered by our Housing NCOIC)

My other neighbor thinks that they own the street and there is an imaginary line in the street that if I cross they will pin in my car. When I was 8 months pregnant my mom came to visit and they pinned her car in because it protruded about a foot over on to "their side" of the street. My husband was deployed, I was pregnant, not in a good mood anyway, and this sent me over the edge!!! They actually refused to move their cars! I still get livid just thinking about it.

I can't wait to move somewhere new.....

No comments: