Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Daily Life

I got a citation today for my lawn, how about you? Em started mowing it the other day, and we ended up taking Junior into the doctor so we never finished. I paid someone $5 to weedeat it, I should have splurged and had him mow. Usually I get a pre-citation notification. Oh well, I think the whole street got them.

I called ENT today and Junior has an appointment next Thursday. Maybe we can make it that long?

The hardest thing about having three children is coordinating them. I have a master calendar that I print out and post on the doors of my computer armoire. I haven't started color coordinating things yet, but I can see where I will have to in a few years!

For some reason coordinating two children was much, much easier. My friend has one daughter and she is constantly stressed out about not having enough time in the day to cart her places. It reminds me of when we just had Em. Gunner and I thought it was a huge ordeal to take just Em to the store. Then Abs came along and Em was super easy. Then Junior came along and Abs and Em were easy. But then I see someone with an infant and I realize how good I have it since Junior can walk, etc. One of these days they will be all grown up and I will wish it was back to the days of carting, talking, reading to them and cooking for them, even if they do want mac and cheese every night!

6 comments:

Old Cowboy Dan said...

And then they grow up and leave home but like boomerangs, not really.

The Mrs. said...

i look back at just having one and want to slap myself on the forehead. and i know when there are three ill do the same over two. my mother tells me to just wait until they are older like yours and running all over.

Sandy said...

Three is hard, I had two boys that was hard enough;I can't imagine three. Walking or not, they can be a handful.

Medic Mom said...

I have had this very conversation several times over the last four months. I have a set of twin girls (6) but it wasn't until I had Reese that I felt overwhelmed! People laugh when I say that because I was a single mother with the girls until they were 5, but it seemed so much easier! Its weird. You're doing a great job though. I have a calendar book that I write all our "goings" in. I do have to color coordinate - it makes it so much easier!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you got a citation, I was so not looking forward to that about moving back on post. Imagine my surprise when I found out here that they mow your lawn for you!? How things have changed. As for the juggling of schedules I can only imagine how it must be with three!

jellissc said...

no truer words - it just all goes by too fast most of the time