Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday

How's that for a blog title. Shows how little imagination I have right now.

Abs started PT today. I was curious as to what her age equivalency was for the different areas, and let's just say if I hadn't been in public I would have cried. My poor baby! I knew that the 7 months she was out of therapy was going to work against her, and it did.

Coordination--was actually above in this area (8.3-8.5)
Gross motor--4 year old
Balance, muscle strength--5 year old

They had a lot more categories that were all in the early 5 year old range. Doesn't look too bad until you realize that in 5 months she will be 8 years old. It's not stuff that you really notice unless you know to look for it. It still bothers me though. They are going to put in a referral for OT as well and hopefully get started on her fine motor skills. Since that hasn't been addressed at all, I wonder how far behind she is in that arena. Poor kiddo.

I finally got arrangements made for this weekend. Em and I are booked at a nice hotel in Dallas, and the other two kiddos will be spending the night with Grandma. Oh the stories she will be able to blog about, lol. Whenever I need a good laugh I go read this and this and this and this again.

Tonight is Biggest Loser. I would love to have months with a trainer. I really should use my gym membership, but I have so little time with the kids now, that I hate to waste time on myself. I need to get back in the swing of it, at least twice a week. I'm worth it, right?

And why is daycare closed when school is open? Ugh....

4 comments:

Amy said...

I know how you feel about the daycare and school issue. I have to pick my daughter up from school on Monday since daycare on post is closed. Kind of puts a wrinkle in my day!

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Doesn't your gym have programs for children? I know that the YMCA does, is there one in your area?

Anonymous said...

Hi I am new to your blog.
I started a Military Spouse blogroll on my blog http://sahmilitarywife.blogspot.com
I would like to add your site to it if that's ok with you. Also there is a contest for Military Wives! First place winner gets a $150 spa gift certificate! Stop by my site for more details. Take care!

Anonymous said...

well gym is good for children below 10?