Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rant #584

Okay, so this will probably interest no one, but I have to write it.

I have Abs and Junior in daycare on post. Abbie goes to SAS at her school for both before and after school care. Junior has full day on post.

Because of the "winter weather"--I swear the people think we need to pull out the igloos and hibernate even though it will get up to 40+ tomorrow. There is supposed to be ice on the roads tonight though--POSSIBLY. We don't know for sure. The line barely crosses where we are.

So anyway, I go to daycare to get Junior and they inform me that daycare will not be open till 8:30 tomorrow morning, regardless of whether or not school is open. So if school is open and I need to be there by 7:00 then I have to find something for Junior and Abs.

It makes no sense. So what do all the other teachers do?

And Junior has a fever tonight. I am hoping it is a fluke. I'm pushing pedialyte, giving tylenol, and just plain hoping. I bet that going to the ER in the middle of the night with icy roads and three crabby children would be a fun and exciting adventure?

1 comment:

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Being a mother and a teacher ain't no game, we have been there - done that for many years and glad it's behind us.