Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Recipe Blog Hop


So I am not much of a cook.

I couldn't think of anything.

I have been craving pasta salad, so I found this recipe on recipezaar, which is my go to for almost everything.

I made it.

I tasted it.

It's really good.

Be forewarned, it makes a lot, but then, I can eat a lot, so it works out.



Perfect Pasta Salad

1 lb box of tri-colored pasta (so fancy)
2 cups green peppers (I used red)
2 cups diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups chopped red onions (I did about 3/4 of a cup, and made them large--when in doubt, pick it out--     for the kids)
1/2 lb cubed provolone cheese ( I even went to the commissary with a hungry Junior to get this)
1/2 lb slice pepperoni
1/2 cup black olives

Dressing:
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (I used less)
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar (I used splenda and used less)
1 tablespoon oregano (oops, I forgot this)
1 tsp sale
1/2 tsp pepper

1.  Mix together dressing first and set aside until sugar is dissolved completely.
2.  Cook pasta.
3.  Cube the pepperoni.
4.  Mix everything but the cheese.  (I forgot and added the cheese)
5.  Pour dressing over it and mix well.
6.  Chill well--ummmm....it's in the freezer because I forgot to cool the noodles first and it started to melt my cheese.  Did I mention I am not a cook?

Trust me, it is excellent.

This led to me making the kids carrot cake for dessert.  Next stop, I'm making hummus.  I've got some carrots to eat.  

2 comments:

Kelli said...

uhm, that looks delicious!!! Definitely gonna have to try it, thanks for sharing!!

Old Cowboy Dan said...

And I thought Lasagna was all you could make. Good work, I also go on line to get recipe's now and again.