Saturday, May 19, 2007

Conservation

I went to a conservation class on post today. It was offered through housing and I admit that I almost did not attend. I went to the gym and on the way home I felt guilty about possibly not showing up so I ran in the house, showered, dressed and left.

I actually ended up learning a lot while I was there. We also got shower timers (who really takes a 5 minute shower???), smart switch, rain gauge and some of those high tech light bulbs that are supposed to last forever. They are also going to send housing out to install these light bulbs throughout the house. I have heard that there is some controversy about them because they contain mercury and can be dangerous if they break. I can't remember the last time I broke a light bulb (knock on wood) so I will take the chance and if they break I will call housing like they instructed us...or at least I think they did. Chris was texting me from the animal park...more on that in a bit....

No comments: