Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sick Baby


He was doing okay this morning, but he took an extra long nap and woke up screaming about his ears. Off to the doctor we go. We get there two minutes before they close at the weekend clinic--and there is no one there--and the lady looks at me, and tells me that I'll have to call tomorrow to get an appointment. I have an obviously sick kid in my arms. I told her I would just go to the er and took off. So we head to the er and get in there when Abs decides that she is tired of being good. So I have two screaming kids. Junior has an infection in his eustachian tube, but they don't want to put him on antibiotics. So I get him home, he's shivering, I give him a bath since he is filthy, and he got dressed and fell asleep on the living room floor. Poor baby.
On the bath front--he did okay in the bath tonight. I got some of the foam soap as my friend Catherine suggested, and he was fine in the tub until he got some of the foam on him and then he freaked out. Wish he would make up his mind!!! Abs is in the tub right now and so I am sure that bottle of foam is gone...
UPDATE:
As soon as I typed that, I went to get Abs out of the tub and I felt Junior's forehead and he was burning up. So now I have a super sick baby. Will he/we ever catch a break????

10 comments:

The Mrs. said...

so sorry to hear about your little one. I was thinking about the whole allergy thing, and way before they even did the testing they started my oldest on zyrtec to help the fluid in his ears. He had never had an ear infection but apparently they were red with fluid starting to build. That was at about 13 mths and he went almost a year and a half before his first ear infection a few months ago. Now whenever he has to go off his allergy meds for testing even though its just a week the fluid starts to build up again. Maybe its something worth bring up to the dr. just a thought.

hang in there mama.

Carissa said...

Poor baby, and poor you! I hope everything turns around soon for you guys.

Susan said...

awwww, poor little guy. I hope he catches a break soon. It's tough enough being a temporary single-parent when they're all well.

Reasa said...

Have you tried garlic oil for the ears? It soothes the pain and helps in healing. One of the Kiddos used to get tons of ear infections and I tried the oil. It works wonders. I am sure someday you will catch a break.

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Which of the girls had similar problems as JR. when you were in Washington?

Anonymous said...

UGH. That sucks. ((HUGS)) for you and Jr. and lots of prayers that he will get well and stay well.

JBBGirl said...

I sure hope the poor little guy gets better soon for his sake and yours as well! Keep your chin up! Lots of prayers are going your way! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Pobrecito.

jellissc said...

I am so sorry. Hugs and prayers coming down the pipe.

Kasey said...

I hope your little one feels better soon!