Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lost Kid

I went to the gym today before my first meeting with the trainer. I ran 3.5 miles. I'm tired.

Met with the trainer and got my meal plans, etc. Yikes! I went out for Mexican as my last hurrah.

I went to get the kids from the daycare, and Em and Junior came running over. Abs is usually engrossed in something, so I wasn't surprised she didn't run over. I called her name again....and again....and again....and again. She never came. The daycare isn't that big, so I entered and started searching high and low. No Abs. The daycare workers were looking, and I saw one look really worried, and that's when I started to panic. Everyone was searching, and finally one of them uncovered her hiding in a corner behind something, in a little ball. I didn't know whether to wring her neck or not. I told her she scared me, and she was apologetic, and then she ran off to get her shoes. Gunner's kid....shoot, they all are.

Made my shopping list for tomorrow, and plan to hit the gym before I work my other job and get the girls. School will be back in session on Monday and I still have a few things to do before then.

I talked to Gunner last night and he said that they are giving blanket orders for the units, and all of his brigade is supposed to go, so there is still hope. There is some technical acronym, but I can't recall it. I still would rather go to Korea. He thinks I am insane! I'm always up for an adventure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Insane? I never said insane . . . crazy maybe, but never insane.

Anonymous said...

Just playing. I Love You.

jlc said...

Awww I love that Gunner made a special guest appearance. Sounds cheesy but it makes my DAY whenever my hubby does that.

Ok so back to what I was gonna say, I was gonna yell at you missy. You have two last hurrahs. Just kidding just kidding. I say that ALL the time. "This'll be the last time I eat this... or okay just ONE more time."


Congrats on the 3.5 miles!! You are kickin ass!

Anonymous said...

You already have 3 little adventures with minds of their own!