Saturday, February 14, 2009

M1 Abrams 5k

It was freezing this morning. I texted my friend Mel to see whose bright idea this was, and she reminded me it was mine. Figures. She came over to pick me up and the outlaws stayed with the kiddos.

It was Mel's anniversary and since it was Valentine's Day, we had to do something healthy for our hearts. The run was nice, and not bad at all. It would have been easier if it hadn't been so cold. I did come in under the goal that I set for myself, so that's good. No marathons yet!

This isn't the most flattering picture, and I was freezing and only had my dad's heavy sweatshirt to run in.

My friend Mel, ready to run her first 5K. She did great!We even got a ribbon.....a participant ribbon, lol. Guess I can put it with my trophy from my 2nd place finish, lol.

The next race on post is in March, I wonder if Mel will have forgotten about this one?

4 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Congrats on meeting your goal time!!! It's 20 degrees here right now, so I am praying it warms up some before our 1pm start time! eek!

Old Cowboy Dan said...

The sweatshirt must have helped. I was first in our Zero-K run today.

Allison said...

It is great that you finished before your goal! Congradulations.

Ellen said...

way to go for meeting your goal time! And way to go Mel for finishing her first one! I hate running in the cold, I'd much rather be hot.