Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I can't wait

Fort Carson or bust. We are on the housing list. I've picked out where I want to live already. We luckily qualify for a 4 bedroom, due to the ages of the girls and the addition of Junior. Who knows where we will actually wind up, but we are hoping to get into housing right away. I don't want any worries other than setting up house, since it's been a long time since we PCSed. We've been here for 6 1/2 years. Yikes! I never thought we would be here that long, but it has served its purpose and it is time to move on. The time with my dad was priceless.

To top it all off my mother told me that I was the most self-absorbed person she knows! Ha! Everyone I have told has gotten a good laugh out of that. It's all good though, and time to move to a new place without all the drama of family. Like one of my kids said, you spend so much time doing for us and everyone else, the only time you ever have is at the gym. Very true, and glad that she realizes that! I think I sneak in a 5 minute shower every once in a while too.

I was back at school today and even hit the pool with my triathlon training partner. We ended up having to share a lane with a GI and he was pretty fast, so we did some sprints together, and that got my heart beating fast. I won too. :) No gym today as I don't think my tummy can handle that yet.

Em feels good about the Science TAKS test, and Abs took a practice test at school today for reading. Abs is also working on a story about a smart mummy and Japanese suicide bombers. Should be an interesting tale!

That missing piece of paper that I couldn't find? I found it after I had to request another one and submit it for a signature. I just can't win! I'm working on organizing everything though. This weekend I have class, Gunner has a bike ride, and the girls and I are going hiking with their Girl Scout troop. The end of the year is going to fly by as things get crazy with everything that is on the schedule.

Oh, and they cancelled the job fair for my school district because of the swine flu. I guess the health department wanted it cancelled because it would draw in people from outside the area and they could bring the disease with them. Crazy!

5 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Well at least with the job fair getting cancelled, that's one less thing you have to worry about.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling somewhat better!
Hopefully, you'll get the housing you want!

Unknown said...

I'm at Carson at the moment...hopefully you get some of the new on post housing they built. I haven't been in any of them, but the outsides look very nice. I think I have some pictures somewhere...

ABW said...

I'd love to see the pics, and know about good schools, good places to teach, dentists, and tons more if you don't mind! Email me at armybloggerwife at gmail dot com.

Marine Wife said...

Lucky you! I've visited there and it looks like a great place to live. Our friends who are there now seem to like it, too. Good luck on a smooth move!

MTM said...

Fort Carson is amazing. That's where DPM is stationed right now. I'm sad to leave in a few months!