Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tour de Hood

Today Gunner did a 15 mile bike ride on post. It wasn't a race, but he came in 5th--he's been married to me for 14 1/2 years, of course he knew I would ask! He was going to do the 50 mile ride, but we had plans.

I spent all day in class, but it was the last class of the term. Relief.

Looks like our hiking might get canceled tomorrow due to rain. If it does I guess I will grade papers, pack up more of my classroom, and clean the house. My pile of clothes to get rid of is growing by an alarming rate.

I thought of having a PCS sale, but seriously, who has the time for that? When we left Fort Lewis, I think Gunner made about 6 trips to Goodwill. We need to unload at least 2,000 or more pounds. 6 1/2 years in the same spot and we somehow accumulated way too much stuff. As usual, I will vow not to do that at our next duty station! I'm seriously trying to work on getting a little OCD, but so far it's not being acquired at a fast enough rate!

4 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Isn't it amazing the amount of stuff you can collect over the years! Don't forget the salvation army as well. Also if you have clothing give it to a shelter. They give it to people for free..where as goodwill makes people pay for stuff

Allison said...

Isn't it crazy how much stuff you can aquire? When Paul joined the Army I put, I think, 30 bags of stuff on the curb. I have a truck if you need a hand hauling stuff to Goodwill. I did 4 truck loads myself when he joined up.

jlc said...

Holler!!! That's awesome!!

I'd love to do that with Sam once he comes home to Hood... but alas I can't ride a bike .. or at least not fast at all!! Hahah! Slight problem.


Sounds like you guys had a good time. Fingers crossed for no rain tomorrow! :)

Casey said...

I would totally do a PCS sale :) Dragging crap to the driveway and getting paid sounds better than dragging crap to the driveway, driving to goodwill, and dragging crap inside. And packing up a classroom. Ugh. I had a spread sheet for every single box!