Thursday, July 22, 2010

A status worth sharing

I saw this on someone's fb and had to post it as my own and here.

ABW can't believe the news coverage being given to a spoiled 20-somethingyr old. Here are a few 20 somethings worth knowing about: Justin Allen 23, Brett Linley 29, Matthew Weikert 29, Justus Bartett 27, Dave Santos 21, Chase Stanley 21, Jesse Reed 26, Matthew Johnson 21, Zachary Fisher 24, Brandon King 23, Christopher Goeke 23, Sheldon Tate 27~These 20 somethings gave their lives for you this week. LINDSEY WHO?


It reminds me of a few years ago when some idiot in Hollywood died, and at the same time there were about 14 Soldiers that were killed...guess who received the most coverage, and I believe it was from a drug overdose.  What's wrong with this country?  

12 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

This kind of thing is so frustrating :(

Sara said...

I'm going to yank this and post it on my FB. People just dont realize we are still in a war. Unless you are effected by it, most just dont care. It's so unfortunate that our country cares more about Lindsay Lohan than our brave men and women fighting everyday.

LaDonna Rae said...

I borrowed your comment and posted in on my FB account. It was too true and good not to repeat.

Jill said...

I'm putting it up on FB, too. Thanks so much for sharing. We all need perspective from time to time.

CJ said...

If you figure it out, let me know because I'm at a complete loss.

God bless those who protect us. Please.

cjh

Kara said...

I just saw that on Facebook. I can't believe how much coverage she is getting. She went to jail for a valid reason. They are making it out like she is being tortured and it is soooo wrong. I'm glad the judge put her in jail. It kills me the stuff the media thinks is important and that people actually care about her more than anything else!

Charity said...

Posted on my FB too...

Ashley said...

AMEN!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just borrowed this update for myself! We should never forget!

Lisa said...

Great status!

I would love to post that status myself. :)

It's Something Beautiful said...

I hate how little news attention our troops get. It's just not fair and so frustrating.

www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

The Shabby Posy {formerly Bows 2 Match} said...

Maybe instead of sending her to jail they should draft her into the military....