Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Puree anyone?

My sister sent me this link yesterday about the Oprah show with Jessica Seinfeld and her new cookbook. I DVRed the show and am in the middle of watching it and it sounds good to me! My kids are better than most in that they eat peas, carrots, green beans, corn, sweet potato, etc. I don't even eat peas! We do eat a LOT of mac and cheese while their Dad is gone, flavored up with some ham, so adding butternut squash puree or cauliflower puree sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm definitely putting this on my list of things to try.

Last summer my mom had a huge amount of zucchini in her vegetable garden plot at the community garden. I was pregnant so I loved it cooked with a little bit of onion, but the girls would have no part of it. My mom ended up making a mock apple pie using the zucchini. It was good, but I couldn't enjoy it because I knew it was zucchini and the thought just bothered me. The girls absolutely loved it and I scored points being the coolest mom and letting them have apple pie for breakfast. I'll take whatever victories I can.

1 comment:

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Your Mom can do wonders in the kitchen.