Friday, January 18, 2008

Thank goodness for naps



Every day before Gunner gets home for lunch, I feed Junior and then play with him till his dad gets home. Then Gunner has the chance to cuddle with him a bit before he puts him down for a nap. Junior was especially crabby today, but I kept him amused while we played on his blanket in the middle of the living room. Gunner came home, put Junior down for a nap right away since he was crying and came back to look over my shoulder while I shopped for running shoes. Not even 5 minutes later the heavy glass light fixture the army installed a few years ago came crashing down where Junior and I had been playing. The glass was so heavy I don't even want to think about what it would have done to him. We've vacuumed, roombaed (sp?) and run our hands over the carpet, furniture and toys to try and find the glass before the kids did. So far they have escaped injury, so I am hoping we got it all. Scary.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Ellen said...

Woah! I am so glad that no one was hurt, that is awful!

Gypsy at heart said...

I don't even like to think about it. "Someone" was watching over you.

Old Cowboy Dan said...

The same "Someone" that looks out for Gunner when on duty overseas.

MaryLu said...

Wow, that is so scary! I have had that happen before and I am always careful to make sure the fixtures are installed tightly, (well not too tightly, I've broken them too.)
So glad God was watching over your little one.

The Teacup Cottage said...

Wow! That child has an angel on his little shoulders. SO glad that no one was hurt. That happened to up with a wall shelve over the puppy's play area. We had decided to take him for an earlier walk than usual and when we came home it was spintered all over his blanket and toys. Hopefully, the Army's engineers are having better luck that their housing maintenance.

Erin said...

Dang, it's so good nobody got hurt.

jellissc said...

Scary to think about!

New Girl on Post said...

Oh my! That is so scary!