Saturday, December 13, 2008

9 months

We've made it 9 months.

All three kids are still alive.

I still haven't given up diet coke. I also live on having a monster each afternoon. I don't hit the gym as much as I would like--okay honestly it hasn't been much at all since I started working, but I am hoping to change that over the Christmas holidays.

I still haven't cleaned out the garage or sorted through the piles of stuff that I said I was going to, but I didn't want to be an overachiever and do it all the first 9 months of the deployment, right?

I haven't lost any weight, but there's still time.

I'm just glad that whether the deployment is 12 or 15 months, we are over halfway there.

Abs is up and so far has made a mess, spilled cheerios, broken the remote and spread legos out all over her room. Good thing she has only been up for half an hour and an even better thing that she is spending the night with Grandma tonight so I can have a break!

7 comments:

Gypsy at heart said...

She is going to be cleaning chapstick, left from last week's visit, off my bathroom wall tonight!

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Don't mess with Grandma, Abs!

Reasa said...

Enjoy. We have mandtory militaary family fun today. :)

Guard Wife said...

Thank you for being part of our 4,000. :) I'm not so sure if jumping in with both feet is always prescribed, but when it involves children, I usually do. :)

Will be back to visit. Congrats on making it 9 months...it's an accomplishment to be sure even if nothing on the list ever gets crossed off.

The Mrs. said...

CONGRATS! nine months solo is a HUGE accomplishment. i hope the rest of the time goes smoothly. relatively that is! you need something to blog about : )

Anonymous said...

"mandatory" military fun day? I didn't know you could make it mandatory to have fun - dang, I'm trying that one out tomorrow!:)

jellissc said...

Hooray for 9 months and here is hoping Gunner is back home with you all very soon! I asked another girlfriend of mine who is also neck deep in a third deployment just how she is does it. She reminded me that there really aren't any other options. Hats off to Moms and Dads like you who continue to make it work everyday back on the home front from a mom who continues to be mystified by your strength and resolve. I remainin awe... Huge hug for you, ABW!