Sunday, February 15, 2009

It happened...

I came home from dropping the girls off at Girl Scouts and put a tired, screaming, Junior down for a nap. I got snuggled into my bed to take a nap, had just fallen asleep, when the phone rang.

It always works like that.

I ran and found a phone, to hear little Abs on the other end of the line.

Abs: Hi Mommy!
Me: What happened?
Abs: Oh, nothing really.
Me: Then why are you calling?
Abs: Well I touched someone on the back.
Me: And?
Abs: Well she told her mom.
Me: Keep going.
Abs: So you have to pick me up.
Me: Abs, what's the rest of the story?
Abs: I don't know, it's just so hard to be me, so I'll see you in a few?
Me: Bye.

I got up from my warm bed and went to go get Junior up. Well he wasn't sleeping, but he was naked. Apparently he was not happy with taking a nap, so he was protesting. Probably a good thing that I got the phone call, or no telling what would have been all over his crib besides his clothes. And he managed to lose his diaper in there. I think he stuffed it down the side--mental note to go track that down after I get done with this post.

We got Abs and then waited in the car for an hour while Em finished up the meeting. Still not sure what happened, but at this point, I just wanted to go home and not stick around.

Got home and decided that everyone needed to clean their room. I started helping Abs, which means I had to put at least one lightbulb back in her room. She was so excited. She keep saying "So this is what it felt like when God said let there be light!".

While I was organizing her books, she was putting dirty clothes on her scooter and racing it down the hallway to the laundry room. The problem was that she would only hang a few things off and spent more time arranging them than she did moving them to their proper location.

Then Abs informed me that she had diarrhea. This was after she shared her afternoon tea with her brother. Sick diet again? I feel nauseous.

Em is holed up in her room, probably not working very hard at cleaning. Junior is wearing a bucket on his head, a cape on his back and is going back and forth through a tunnel. Abs told me she is thinking of new ways to solve the world's problems. I asked her what the problems were and she told me she would get back to me on that.

Come on donut of misery, you have to work faster, you have to.

2 comments:

Old Cowboy Dan said...

Are there any days in which everything goes right? OH! then you wouldn't Blog would you?

ABW said...

No, I think Murphy has a bullseye on me. He's a pretty good shot too.