Monday, February 16, 2009

Plugging Along...

My friend Abbey called to tell me that she is beating me in the sick department. Ugh. Not a contest either one of us want to be in!

Made it to training this morning, had a nice run beforehand too. I came home and found a duathlon in Temple in a month, and am trying to talk my friend Mel into it. She wasn't as gung-ho on this one. I'll wait till Gunner is back to go along with me. I need someone that knows how to fix my bike anyway or show me how to do it.

I'm busy making lesson plans, sub plans, and cleaning, while tending to little Abs. She is so quiet and calm it's scary. I called the doc since she is still seeing a civilian and they said to just wait it out. She is still under quarantine, much to her dismay. I did move the DVD player in there, and I continue to deliver water, pedialyte, jello and toast on a regular basis.

Junior is still running around in his cape being a superhero and not taking naps. He's gotten so funny in the last few weeks, and is finally ready for potty training. After organizing all his toys, he dumped out his books and crouched behind the basket. I asked him if he was pooping. He looked over, gave a little grin, and said "No, I am just peeing". Well if you can tell me, then you should tell me sooner kiddo!

Em is glued to the computer and her books. But she's been helping, sanitizing and entertaining Junior right along with me.

4 more trash days....

4 comments:

The Teacup Cottage said...

I could say "don't cry" but then I know first hand the emotional turmoil that you are going through right now, so just remember, you'll look back on this time later and say, "What a silly girl I was!"

Old Cowboy Dan said...

It's down hill now kiddo!

Anonymous said...

I too am dealing w/ the cookie tossin' kiddo. 10 min after I put "L" down........"Mommy, MOMMY!" Yep time to wash the sheets, comforter and a few animals that were caught in the middle. BLARF! Did I mention I had felt sick all day too.

Krista

The Mrs. said...

ah we are in the throws of the superhero cape stage too. and attempting potty training with the little one. I just cant go full at it till spring... to many layers right now!