Saturday, January 17, 2009

My son is sporting....

a black eye. He received it courtesy of being in the wrong place at the wrong time while his sisters were fighting.

I went to the gym to meet my friend Mel at 9 this morning for a cycling class. The class was full, so we settled for running and then we went to yoga. I could only stay for half an hour because I had training at 10. After two hours of sweating, we headed home. I wish they had all day child care, as it was downhill from there.

I showered and we left so that I could go to work at my other job. Made it over there when the fighting between the girls escalated. I managed to squeak out my work and then we hit the road again. Tonight it's an early bedtime and a date with my DVR. I even thought about taking the girls to dinner, but I think we will settle for oatmeal again.

I rediscovered my curry spice in the cupboard, so I am eating it on everything and it makes everything taste better. I hope I don't start sweating it though!

The first plane of Soldiers from Gunner's unit returned today. Unfortunately we still have a couple months to go, but we are down to single digit trash days! There is light at the end of the tunnel...

4 comments:

jlc said...

Oh no! Hope he's getting better. I got one in 1st grade by this biatchhhhh named Jane. (Yes that's right, some memories you just don't forget.)

But yay on single digits!!! That's exciting that the first plane came in. :)

Old Cowboy Dan said...

I wonder if Babcock will be there for the day like last time.

Unknown said...

That must be so bittersweet that the first of his unit returned, knowing that you still have time to go. May each trash day come quickly!

When he gets home, I say you deserve a longggggg vacation without the kids!

Ellen said...

Aw, poor Jr caught in the crossfire.

I never thought I would be celebrating trash days, but I am SO GLAD that you're down to single digits ;)