Friday, May 28, 2010

Halfway there

I envisioned that as we crossed each state line, that we would stop and take pictures.  That never happened.  We managed to leave only 40 minutes after our scheduled departure time, because we had to return to the house twice.  We forgot Andrew's shoes, and Em forgot clothes to go to church with my mom.

When we arrived, we checked into our hotel.  Apparently there is a dog agility test or contest here tomorrow, and it seems like everyone and their expensive dogs are staying here.  I heard about a poodle getting IVF.  Seriously?  All the dogs are beautifully groomed, and there is my Sammy, in need of a haircut and still sporting a pink head.  They all told me how cute he was and were sizing him up for competition.  They probably wondered if the contest was going to hell in a handbasket allowing pink headed dogs in.

Speaking of pink headed dogs.....the homeopathic stuff for upset stomachs works wonderfully, and Sammy did not get car sick.  Whew.

When we arrived, I wanted to go to Palo Duro Canyon to go hiking.  Gunner reluctantly agreed.  Junior was game, and Em offered to stay in the hotel room and guard out stuff.

We ALL went anyway.  I about died when I saw the temperature.  I was ready to put on a sweatshirt in CO this morning.

After going through the interpretive center, we went hiking.
We saw a snake.  What kind is it?  Em thought we should capture it and her suggestion was for her dad to get the snake by its mouth so it wouldn't bite.  Maybe next time.
Junior wanted to lead the way and kept consulting his "map".  He never got tired, and even though he was up early this morning, he is still awake.  I need him to sleep!


The pool was cold, so we bypassed swimming and will head out early tomorrow for my mom's house.  We have dinner plans, then Sunday I have to drop my bike, pick up my packet, and Monday is race day!  I'll definitely need luck on this one!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Allison said...

That is sooooooo funny about Sammy. Really. He gets first place in down to earth REAL dog competition.

And that snake is called a 'big ass' snake. You're welcome.

Mel said...

Oh, Allison's comment made me laugh!

And all those people and their haute taute dogs can just go away. Those are so silly anyway. Enjoy your pink-headed dog!

Ellen said...

Glad you made it! And good luck in the race tomorrow, I can't wait to hear how it goes!!